ITIL Intermediate – Service Offerings and Agreements
About This Course
ITIL Intermediate Service Offerings and Agreements (SOA) certification program helps you establish a professional’s expertise in creating and managing service offerings basis of organizational requirements. Professionals learn and understand industry best practices to develop, implement and develop consistent improvements for ITIL services lifecycle. You also learn about how the stages of ITIL lifecycle provide value to projects and businesses. ITIL Intermediate Service Offerings and Agreements is one of the key modules and requisites for ITIL Capability Expert level.
ITIL Intermediate SOA training coursework is designed to help professionals develop the expertise to oversee continuous improvements in services lifecycle. The ITIL Intermediate SOA course includes self-paced learning. The course is based on industry best practices in ITIL Service Design and ITIL Service strategy publications.
Who Should Attend This Course
Target audience for this course includes:
- IT finance manager
- IT manager
- Service level manager
- Capacity manager
- Service portfolio manager
- Supplier relationship manager
- Business continuity manager
The course is also apt for:
- ITIL Foundation certified people aiming for advance ITIL levels.
- Professionals seeking deeper knowledge of ITIL SOA processes
Why This Course
ITIL sets international quality standards for IT people across the globe. ITIL has seen a sharp rise in its fame in the last few years and having an ITIL certification has turned out to be an entry-level requisite for many IT-based jobs. ITIL empowers business to optimize costs, improve productivity, improve customer experience, develop customer trust and gain competitive edge.
The ITIL Intermediate Service Offerings and Agreements certification course is your key to achieve four credits to earn the required 17 credits for progressing towards the MALC (Managing Across the Lifecycle) module, the last step before ITIL Expert Level. ITIL Intermediate SOA certified professionals could expect to work as availability manager, service level manager, capacity manager and business continuity manager.
ITIL Intermediate SOA certified professionals earn 40% higher pay than non-certified professionals do. According to payscale.com, the average salary of an ITIL SOA certified professional ranges anywhere between $75,000 to $90,000 annually.
- Applying best Service Offerings and Agreements practices
- Enabling service level, portfolio, demand, service catalogue, financial and supplier management.
- Identifying five stages of ITIL lifecycle and their importance in organizations
- Identifying ways to develop service offerings
To enroll for ITIL Intermediate SOA certification, you ought to meet the following requisites:
- ITIL Foundation Certificate
- 2-4 years of experience in IT service management.
- Professionals must also review the syllabus of ITIL Service Design and ITIL Service Strategy publications
The ITIL Intermediate SOA certification course is designed for helping professionals apply best SOA practices in service management lifecycle.
After successful completion of this course, you learn the following:
- Apply best Service Offerings and Agreements practices for enabling service level, portfolio, demand, service catalogue, financial and supplier management.
- Identify five stages of ITIL lifecycle (service design, service strategy, service operation, continual service improvement and service transition) and how they offer value to projects and organizations
- Identify how to develop service offerings to support user and business requirements
- Better job prospects and pay
- Globally accepted