ITIL Managing Across the Lifecycle Exam
About This Course
ITIL Managing Across the Lifecycle Certification (MALC) is the last module in the ITIL Service Lifecycle training framework. The ITIL MALC course helps you establish your expertise in integrating service management operations across a wide range of IT practices. You also learn about management purposes, functions and objectives, implementing and improving service capabilities and managing governance within the ITIL structure. ITIL Managing Across the Lifecycle Certification sets international quality standards for Information Technology personnel across the globe.
The ITIL MALC training validates your expertise in core topics of ITIL publications including management purposes, functions and objectives. Designed to help understand the various management aspects of ITIL Service Lifecycle as well as integrate ITSM processes.
Tech-Act’s ITIL Managing Across the Lifecycle Exam certification program is an accredited training program. The coursework entails optimum-quality learning content to provide seamless self-learning experience with a fine blend of sample exam papers and quizzes to help IT professionals carve out a flying career in ITSM domain.
Who Should Attend This Course
Target audience for the ITIL MALC course includes:
- IT managers/supervisors
- Chief Information Officers
- Aspiring IT professionals
- IT operations and development practitioners
- Professionals aiming for ITIL Expert in ITSM
Why This Course
You receive five credits toward the ITIL Expert certificate Level. Career benefits are as follows:
- Increased professional visibility and credibility within your company
- Validates your ITIL services expertise making you stand out from the crowd
- Pursue job roles like CIO, senior IT supervisor or operations practitioner
- ITIL MALC certified professionals are in great demand with better job and pay prospects.
- Globally accepted
According to payscale.com, an ITIL MALC certified personnel enjoys an annual salary of around $90,000.
- Describing core concepts of ITIL service lifecycle
- Defining strategies for stakeholder management
- Integrating service management
- Identifying steps to services management
- Implementing service management capability
To pursue the ITIL MALC certification, you ought to meet the following requisites:
- Two credits from ITIL Foundation and minimum 15 credits from ITIL Intermediate level
- ITIL Expert certified professionals in ITSM domain are eligible as well
After completing the course, you will achieve the following:
- Describe key concepts of ITIL service lifecycle
- Define strategies for stakeholder and communication management
- Integrate service management operations across ITIL service lifecycle
- Identify steps to manage services across the ITIL service lifecycle
- Manage governance, services measurement and organization
- Implement service management capability
- Stands you out from the crowd
- Improves professional credibility and visibility
- Helps pursue roles like Chief Information Officer (CIO), IT operations practitioner or IT supervisor
- Better pay
- Recognized globally